Potatoes (use small red, white, purple, or fingerling potatoes or cut up red potatoes)
- Scrub and cut out eyes on potatoes. Cut into bite-size pieces if necessary.
- Cover potatoes in pan with water. Cover with lid.
- Boil at medium-high heat until you can easily insert a fork. (Do not overcook or potatoes will fall apart.)
- Drain water from potatoes but leave in pan. Turn heat off, but put pan back on burner to help melt butter.
- Add butter. (Start with ½ stick to start—add more if you want it.)
- Shake pan (with lid on) until all potatoes are covered with butter. Add salt, pepper, and parsley. Shake pan again to cover potatoes.