Bake at 425° for 30 minutes
1 stick melted margarine (or butter)
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup flour
2 tsps baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 whole cooked chicken (boneless, no skin, cut up into bite-sized pieces)
1 ¼ cup chicken broth
1 can cream of celery soup
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Put cooked chicken cut into bite-size pieces in an oven-proof baking dish. (I use a 9×12 pyrex most of the time.)
- On the stove, heat chicken broth and soup on medium heat until blended.
- Pour over chicken in baking dish.
- In the same pan, melt margarine (or butter)and stir in pepper, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour slowly (so that it doesn’t make lumps). It will be a dough-like consistency.
- Add milk gradually to thin batter again.
- Pour batter on top of chicken and soup mixture. (It will “float” on top.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until batter has formed a light brown crust.
I like to serve this with parsley potatoes, strawberry salad, and dinner rolls. Artichoke relish or a spicy chutney would be good.